But then I remember that I have so much going good for me right now and I’m afraid to risk any of that because I’m not some heroine in a movie or a story with a guarantee that things will work out wherever I go.
So I remain in my boring, safe life wishing for an adventure and a chance at a better life that I’m too scared to take but keep whispering to myself about doing.
One day I’ll stop thinking about driving away either because I’m finally happy or I’m already in the car ready to go.
If anyone ever needs inspiration, I suggest buying the Sims. I have gotten so many brilliant ideas from watching these four interact. I love that the Sims are LGBT friendly because it means I get to watch my boys flirt, makeout, and even whoohoo (what they call sex in the game) with each other.
( This is why I love the Sims )
Sudden road trip with Pigglehumsy to pick up her brother. Yay for eight hour car rides! It seriously wasn't that bad and it seems like I am doing a lot of traveling this winter. Also, I just wanted to try this app on my phone. :D
Posted via LiveJournal app for Android.
( Rambling Because I Am Bored in an Airport )
I am thankful for my family and my friends, even if we have never met.
I am thankful for my teammates and my coaches since they inspire me to be my best.
I am thankful for all that I have and all that I am able to do.
I am thankful to be home and to be able to go to my home away from home later today.
I am thankful for my memories and for being able to dream of a bright future.
If you are reading this, that means I'm thankful for you too.
Last night was so much fun, if not a bit hectic. ( Children's Museum, Disney on Ice, and Barry the Tico at the Gay Club )
( Costa Rica Travels )
Also, I saw this meme floating around on a few of my LJ friend's pages and wanted to do it myself. Although I really don't like the whole 'answer one question a day' thing so I'm going to bunch it up into three questions a day since I'm a rebel like that.
( Fanfic Meme )
( Costa Rica Travels and a few pics! )
Saw Transformers 3. It honestly wasn't that bad. Much better than the second one in the sense that I understood/cared about what was going on. The girl was stupid and not Megan Fox, yes, but honestly her purpose was to look hot and she did that pretty well. Rest of the movie was also good. I especially enjoyed it in my Lay-z-boy Chair with my feet up and being waited on because that's how movie theaters in Costa Rica roll. Also, I liked when Optimus showed up because I knew shit was going down.
Anyways, no one panic but I'm leaving for my trip to Monteverde Forest and I'm not packing my laptop for the weekend.
( More rambles about Costa Rica and my Spanish speaking ability )
I just finished my oral test and I feel really good about it so I'll see what classes I am in later today. I've met a bunch of people from the AIFS program who are here alongside me and they all seem nice. I'm really excited for this trip even though I was freaking out last night since I couldn't understand much. A good night's sleep fixed that. Also, breakfast is served at 6:30 every morning so it looks like I'm back on my sleep schedule for Crew pretty much haha. Oh, and at breakfast my host mom said that she Facebook creeped on me and saw my pictures of me rowing. XD Actually she just said "deportes" and made rowing motions which I nodded and said "remar" to, so that's how our conversations actually go. I already know that I am going to be learning a lot of Spanish down here though, and a lot of other things too.
Did I mention I'm so excited for all of this?
And I mean 5000 here, not here because I don't really use that as the homepage yet.
Apparently, this was started about six years ago by someone named tartanshell. Her guidelines and my list are below.
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
( My Wishlist )
...and then I signed up for springkink for an awesome crack fic because I love me some crack and smallfandomfest for two Hellboy prompts and maybe something else for fics. 8D Yeah, I'm on a writing frenzy right now. It's awesome.
Anyways, I'm going to try and update my website because, yeah, that's been WAY too long of an overdue.
Also, Happy Thanksgiving to all my USA buddies and happy last Thursday of November to everyone else!